Here comes the only Joomla! tool that:
- is a Remote Extensions Manager, and
- give Joomla! (the so much needed) staging capabilities
From one place install, update, manage extensions for all your Joomla! sites.
What is SP Staging?
SP Staging is a tool with the ability to manage remotely all Joomla! extensions from a central coordinator site, for all your Joomla! sites. Imagine using the core Joomla! Extensions Manager with all its functionality (install, uninstall, find updates, update etc), but instead you can control all your sites from one place. So in summary with SP Staging you can:
- Manage extensions remotely from a single place,
- Install simultaneously your updates to many sites,
- Keep versions history,
- Escalate to users (e.g. Developer to Manager, Manager to QA, QA to Librarian),
- Use it both from back end,
- Remote Backup,
- Build based on the new Joomla! ACL security system a complete 'move to production' process, to as many stages you wish (e.g. development, testing, production)
Who can use?
This tool is a must for:
- Joomla! administrators who maintain many sites,
- Companies who want to ensure quality of their live sites before installing any extension on their live site, by building an efficient staging process,
- Development companies who follow a structured staging process before releasing a new extension.
How it works
SP Staging do NOT replace the core Joomla! Extensions Manager, instead it just instruct it what to do and read the result. The result is to be fully compatible since we do not try to reinvent the wheel, just use the already existed Extensions Manager.
The communication is done via 256 key encryption, with password you define, and accept connection only from the IP you define, so to make sure the connection is secured even over a non encrypted http connection.
It consists of two components, the Manager and the Server. The manager is installed on the coordinator site, and the server to each site you want to control. See below image as an example.
In summary to install an extension you just:
- Upload zip extension file with SP Staging Manager
- Choose the stage and install.
- Manage all your extensions from one place
- Joomla! core Extensions functions:
- Find Updates
- Remote Update (install new updates)
- Keep versions history to local repository
- Remote backup of both MySQL database and Joomla site files
- Fully Joomla! user ACL compatible
- User from back end and front end
- Build staging process for moving to production, by escalating to users
- Joomla 2.5, or 3.0
- PHP function MCRYPT and CURL must be enabled
- only for backups function needed is php access to mysqldump and gzip
Click Purchase - SP Staging to buy this tool.