- Is your Joomla site have problems and you want to create a new site?
- You have common general articles that you can use to different sites?
- You build a new site but you want to move your already registered users from another site?
- Or just want to migrate from Joomla! 2.5 to 3.1?
Use this tool to transfer items between two different Joomla! sites, or duplicate items within your live site. This is a 'mass' copy/paste tool necessary for ALL Joomla! administrators.
What is SP Transfer?
In the late release of Joomla! 1.5 when you wanted to transfer items to a different Joomla database, just an export/import of the required database tables would do the job. With the new Joomla! 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.x and above, this is no longer possible. The database is now more complicated and advance, and a plain export/import will not bring the data you want.
SP Transfer is a tool that is able to transfer various items between Joomla! databases, or even duplicate items within the same Joomla! database. It indeed simulate a 'mass' copy/paste functionality but on the Joomla! database items. It can transfer all items of a kind, or selected by their ids.
It can transfer:
- All or selected core Joomla! items with necessary conversions (e.g. assets table),
- All or selected records from any table,
- All or selected folders/files from the source site.
What versions are supported
SP Transfer supports transferring between the Joomla! versions as below:
- 1.6 -> 2.5
- 1.6 -> 3.x
- 1.7 -> 2.5
- 1.7 -> 3.x
- 2.5 -> 3.x
- 3.x -> 3.x
For upgrading Joomla! versions:
- 1.5 -> 2.5
- 1.5 -> 3.x
you may use SP Upgrade.
Who can use?
Actually this component is a must for ALL Joomla! administrators. Below are some of the many scenarios that you might need to use this component:
- You build a new site, and you want to transfer all users, along with their groups and access levels.
- How many times we find our site that need refurnish? All those components we install, most of them we do not even use. We just want to build a new site and bring the content.
- You installed a component that crashed your site and you neglected to backup?
- You just want to duplicate a category with it's articles within your same Joomla?
- You want to upgrade from Joomla! 2.5 to 3.1?
Above and unlimited other scenarios might be where you can use SP Transfer. Besides who knows where a copy/paste operation is needed?
Currently the follow core Joomla! items are supported.
- Users -> User Groups
- Users -> Access Levels
- Users -> Users
- Users -> Notes
- Users -> Notes Categories
- Content -> Categories
- Content -> Articles
- Contacts -> Categories
- Contacts -> Contact Details
- Web Links -> Categories
- Web Links -> Web Links
- News Feeds -> Categories
- News Feeds -> News Feeds
- Banners -> Categories
- Banners -> Banner Clients
- Banners -> Banners
- Menus -> Menu Types
- Menus -> Menu Items
- Modules -> Modules
How to Use
The usage is very simple. Just input the source database credentials, choose what to transfer and proceed! In case of thousands of items, there is a chance to face a php timeout, or your server memory out. Do not worry. Just try again, and the tool is able to continue from where it hanged.
For a more comprehensive documentation please read User Guide - SP Transfer
- Joomla 1.6 or 1.7 or 2.5, or 3.x
Visit Purchase - SP Transfer to buy this tool